Menu of Offerings

Monday, November 21, 2011

A Day of New Stuff

Well, many may recall that my first iteration of this blog went belly-up when Google lost all my images. So, it's back, and I now use the "Musings" page (tag) to enter more general thoughts, rather than stories and whatnot.

So today, I posted all the stories from the last blog, and we can proceed from here.

In my attempt to reconect with my creative muse, I decided to paint the studio. I had originally thought it would be great to have a nice clean, well-lit area in which to record. But over time, I have found it far to clinical. There was no color, no mood, no tranquil space in which to work.

So I am now in the midst of painting. Side walls are a deep cocoa brown, while trim is a terra cotta color. Back and front wall, and offsetting doors are painted in a deep earthy green.

I am hoping it all results in a more calm and serene work environment. Given that it's a small room, the darker colors may make it seem smaller, but I am not looking to fit a whole band in there, so the more intimate feel will hopefully make it more inviting.


Note to self: I need a more comfortable sitting place.

I have finally started to work on a new music...."thing."
I don't even know what it's supposed to be, so we'll just have to see how that turns out...

I will also now feature a "Craw Song of the Week" each week, which may be older material, or stuff in development. Dig it.


3 comments:

  1. Totally digging it! The cocoa brown, terra cotta orange, and earthy green will look FANTASTIC together! I'm also so happy you're taking your baby steps to get back in there! ROCK IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool dude! Looking forward to your weekly songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously, The Shrike happened, and it's been awhile since I could post. Look for more new stuff coming soon!

    ReplyDelete